Grains Best Management Practice
Grains BMP is a FREE, industry-led series of training modules that allows you to evaluate your business and develop a plan for improvement.
Grains BMP is an initiative of FBA, AgForce and the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. Developed in central Queensland, the modules are based on current research, industry knowledge, and input from grain growers. You can work through each self-assessment module on your own or in a relaxed workshop setting with other growers.
Why do Grains BMP?
Benefits to you:
- Fine tune your business performance through benchmarking individual practices against industry ‘best practice’.
- Identify opportunities and develop a plan to improve your business performance.
- Use past performance and current performance indicators to assess benefits of property and management changes.
- Access leading industry information and expert support.
Benefits to the grains industry:
- Sharing lessons, insights, developments and solutions to between landholders.
- Demonstrating leading practice and stewardship to supply chain, consumers, community and government.
- Helping Government and investors understand the value of the grains industry on a statewide, catchment, sub-catchment or landtype basis.
- Building baseline data to help the Grains BMP Partnership and associated government agencies better prioritise future investment in research, development and extension.