Two Day Introduction to Biodynamics | Clermont
Biodynamics is grounded in the work of Rudolf Steiner, inspired by questions, conversations, practical research and eight lectures with the title, The Spiritual Foundations for the Development of Agriculture ( June 1924).
Biodynamics is a contemporary, cost-effective and proven method that produces high-quality food and fibre, as well as healthy animals and premium products, while achieving regenerative outcomes in all forms of agriculture (animal husbandry, horticultre, silviculture, etc.) and home gardens. Proven regenerative outcomes are : increased organic matter, water retention, soil and animal fertility, soil foodweb balance and soil sequestration of atmospheric carbon.
This introductory workshop brings together the art and science of biodynamics, the ‘how and why’ biodynamic preparations work, and the practical skills you need to start applying them as soon as you get home.
We will cover :
- The life of the soil
- Creating soil fertility
- Managing your natural resources
- Practical application of the biodynamic preparations
- Developing risk management of your land ( weeds, pests, diseases)
- Meeting the challenges of climate change ( drought, floods, carbon sequestration)
This workshop will lay the foundation for the hands-on Biodynamic Preparation-Making course held each spring and autumn. Here you will learn how to make season preparations, deepen your understanding of how to apply them to sustain regenerative ecological outcomes and increase the health of the soil, plants, animals and the wider environment.
- Early bird ticket (book and pay in full by 16th May) $660 pp
- Multiple participants from one family or business. YFC members discounted rate $550 pp
- Intro to Biodynamics Graduate $330 pp
- Single participant (from 17th May) $770 pp
Workshop fees include lunch, morning and afternoon teas on both days. Additionally, it entitles you to attend monthly Biodynamics2024 webinars with Hamish and Charlie as well as access to the Biodynamics Alumni Facebook group.
Hamish and Charlie look forward to sharing their enthusiasm and passion for Biodynamics and lead you through this two-day, interactive, hands-on and engaging programme.
8946 Kilcummin Diamond Downs Rd,
* Please note that we are continuing to monitor the Covid-19 situation closely and full refunds will be available if we have to cancel the workshop as a result of the pandemic.
COVIDsafe guidelines will be followed at the workshop.
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.