ReefClean at Five Rocks!
We would like to invite you, your family and friends to the 5th biannual 5 ROCKS BEACH CLEAN UP
ReefClean is funded by the Australian Government’s Reef Trust with support from Tangaroa Blue Foundation.
The Fitzroy Basin Association are pleased to support this event through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
See below for details on how to REGISTER for an active, inclusive and educational weekend in paradise. Then prep your camp gear and gather your family and friends for a fun and rewarding time that will include:
* BEACH CLEAN UP – including data collection for inclusion to Tangaroa Blue’s AMDI and recycling
* EDUCATION – The educational component will include presentations including Surfrider Foundation; RAMSAR (Shoalwater & Corio Bays), Team Turtle & Tangaroa Blue.
* Fee exempt camping on Friday & Saturday night for all Volunteers
* Live acoustic music and muso’s blackboard
* Help keep this paradise clean, enjoy the festivities
FRIDAY & SATURDAY are the main days for most clean up action, then on SUNDAY we load tippers, pack up and head back.
On Saturday we have a fun arvo of educational presentations and collaborative art activity and a free feed to say thanks and hang around a campfire for some live music.
As well as helping out, it’s you’re weekend to chill, surf, fish, whatever. We come here in the first place because we love it and this is exactly why we want to protect & enhance it!
Copy and paste the following, fill out your details and email us at:
– Vehicle rego number:
– Vehicle make/model:
– How many volunteers are coming:
– How many tents / campers / etc:
– How many nights (Fri &/or Sat):
It’s that easy.
Once you register you will be added to the growing list of ocean champions.
An info pack & your permits will be emailed out in the week prior to event.
REGISTRATION closes on the 30th of August so we can have all details to QPWS in time. So don’t miss out….
If you want to take your volunteering to a new level we have a few positions available on the day to help make sure everything runs smoothly. Just contact Shelly and express your interest.
For general enquiries, media, sponsorships and / or partnerships please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: Shelly McArdle 0428 123 244
Hosted by ReefClean, Capricornia Catchments and the Surfrider Foundation Capricorn Coast Branch and supported by the Fitzroy Basin Association and the Cleanwater Group.