Pest Aware, Pest Prepared – Yeppoon Event
Are you using all the tools in the toolkit available to manage existing and potential pest threats? Would you like to improve on-farm pest management practices? Would you like to assess your pest awareness and preparedness? How about greater use of beneficial insects? Then you are in luck!
Join Growcom this month for a series of free workshops to be held in Gympie, Yeppoon and Mackay. Brought to you in conjunction with AUSVEG and Fitzroy Basin Association, the workshops are designed to provide practical solutions to problems and will cover a range of topics including:
• The use of beneficial insects as part of a wider pest management program
• Recent developments in technology to improve the accuracy of infield detection of pests
• Assistance in developing or updating biosecurity plans
• Technology to improve the efficiency and accuracy of beneficial insect releases
• Best management practice in pesticide use and biosecurity
Guest presenter Callum Fletcher brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the workshops with specialised skills in insect taxonomy and plant pathology knowledge on a range of crop pests in cereals, potatoes, and vegetables. Callum will cover a number of insect pest issues but additionally present on the Northern Australian Quarantine Strategy.
The workshops will also include brief presentations by industry stakeholders working in biosecurity, pest identification and management, and use of beneficials. Additionally, the workshops will feature hands on session to benchmark pest management strategies and update or create a biosecurity plan.
BBQ and refreshments are included. RSVP essential.
Friday, 26 March – 2pm – 6pm
Groves Grown Tropical Fruit,
Groves Road, Bungundarra QLD 4703
Free. All attendees will receive:
• Biosecurity planning pack
• Farm gate biosecurity sign
• Hort360 report on pesticide
practices and Hort360 login pack
• VegNET resources
Eilis Walker – Hort360 Facilitator
0477 411 464
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.