Growcom Webinar – COVID-19 vaccinations & the workplace
Growcom is hosting a series of webinars on COVID-19 continuity planning to help agribusinesses prepare to respond to COVID-19 incidents.
The webinar will cover:
• How is leave treated when it is related to COVID? Various scenarios from actually being diagnosed to being a close contact to just having mild symptoms.
• Managing the face mask mandate – What do I do with staff who say they can’t or won’t wear masks?
• People seeking exemption from vaccination requirements through being in a trial or for medical or personal reasons – a few of the finer points that we’ve learned along the way.
• The rules/responsibilities around hiring an unvaccinated person looking for work on farm and subsequent measures to protect other staff.
• Do I have the right to ask the employee to provide evidence of test results or if they are vaccinated?
• Additionally, some specific examples from this Fair Work Ombudsman site will be discussed in-depth.
Growers will also have the chance to ask questions and gain advice, to position yourself to do the right thing by your business and staff.
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.