GRDC Spray Day – Emerald
Come to the GRDC Spray Day in Emerald on November 22 to discuss the latest spray technology innovations and stewardship with industry experts.
Date, location & time:
Emerald – Tuesday 22 November 2022
McIndoe Function Centre, Opal St, Emerald Qld 4720
8:30am registration for an 8:45am start, finish by 4pm.
• Social licence, drift, MRL’s and trade. Paul McIntosh (Pulse Australia/AHRI)
• Inversion towers – a network of sensors to identify the presence of hazardous temperature inversions. Benefits for on-farm decision-making. Susan Maas (CRDC)
• Sensor technologies for targeted spraying – current capability and future opportunities. Craig Baillie (USQ)
• Optimising glyphosate efficacy. Mark Congreve (ICAN)
• Reducing drift risk – boom speed and height, nozzles, droplet size and water volume. David Johnson (FMC)
• Fine tuning drift reduction – new nozzles and their performance, the impact of adjuvants and wind tunnel studies. Andrew Hewitt (UQ)
Afternoon trade display presentations:
• Single Agriculture: Know what’s there before or after you spray and spot spray with your existing sprayer. Map weeds at 200ha per hour. Ben Single
• Corteva: Colex-D® Herbicide, a new 2,4-D formulation you can apply with confidence. Matt Kunde
• Hardi: GeoSelect®, a new spraying solution designed to save farmers money, time and create greater efficiency. Mark Armstrong
• Croplands: WEED-IT Optical Spot Spraying Technology – System overview and lessons learned from over 7 years of commercial experience in Australia. Lachlan Coom
• McIntosh Distribution: New precision application technologies for self-propelled sprayers including IntelliSpray®, WeedSeeker® 2 spot spraying system and Bilberry® intelligent spot spraying (available on Miller® Nitro). Scott Jameson
• FMC: Spraying effectively with as few fines as possible. David Johnson
• Milne Bros: Update/introduction to new Agtronics ground following spot spray equipment coupled together with Weedit Sensor Technology. Axel Amory
• RDO: Developed in partnership with USQ, See & Spray Select is both an effective targeted spray solution and highly productive broadcast machine built on the strong foundation of John Deere’s ExactApply™ to provide farmers with two time-saving sprayers in one. Richard Weston
Attendance is free (morning tea and lunch provided), but registration essential for catering.
For further information contact Erica McKay or Andrea Mathers on 02 94824930 or firstname.lastname@example.org or register here https://grdc.com.au/events/list/2022/11/grdc-spray-days-emerald