Community Owned Renewable Energy Forum – Yeppoon
Find out how Yeppoon residents can join communities across Australia who have taken control of their energy supplies by starting a community-owned renewable energy project.
Energetic Communities in partnership with the Community Power Agency, 350 Central Queensland and Capricorn Coast Landcare and Livingstone Shire Council, is holding an introductory workshop on Community Owned Renewable Energy on Saturday September 28th, 10.00am to 12.30pm.
Community Owned Renewable Energy (CORE) is where the community raises funds to finance a renewable energy installation, whether it’s solar, wind, biodiesel or any other renewable energy resource. The community then gets the economic benefits!
- Community-owned renewable energy projects are happening all over the world right now.
- Community-owned energy lets you take control of your power supply and energy bills.
- Community-owned renewables projects are good for the environment – and your hip pocket!
This forum will be an opportunity to discuss what we can do right now, right here in Yeppoon. Energetic Communities and the Community Power Agency will cover.
- Types of community energy projects
- Funding models – Investment, Donation, Renters, Solar Gardens
- Legal structures
- Benefits of community energy
- Community Engagement
- Existing support networks
- Case studies of successful projects – join dozens of Australian communities
- Potential sites in and around Yeppoon
For more information: email@example.com or call Luke on 0413 114 860
When – 28 September 10am – 12.30pm
Where – The Hub, Beaman Park 7-9 James St Yeppoon
Cost – Free
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.