Carbon Farming through Qld Land Restoration Fund program – How to get involved!
Are you interested in Carbon Farming through Qld Land Restoration Fund program?
• Learn what steps to take to start your own Carbon Farming Project
• Hear some basics about Carbon, Carbon Farming and the benefits of Carbon Farming
• Talk to others also considering starting a Carbon Farming Project with the Land Restoration Fund
NRM Regions Queensland has partnered with the Queensland Government to deliver a series of workshops across Queensland to help landholders apply for the Queensland Government’s Land Restoration Fund (the Fund). The 2020 Investment Round of the Fund will invest $100 million in projects that deliver carbon farming with co-benefits.
At the workshops, specialists from government, industry and the carbon farming sector (CSIROs LOOC-C carbon calculator tool, Farm Map 4D, QRIDA, Carbon Market Institute, your local NRM staff and Carbon Project Developers) will explain the application process and provide information on the first investment round so attendees can start putting together applications for carbon farming projects in Queensland.
Guest speakers and presenters will be available to speak one-on-one to attendees after each workshop.
About the Land Restoration Fund
• aims to expand carbon farming in the state by supporting land-sector projects that deliver additional environmental, social and economic co-benefits.
• empower farmers, land managers and landholders with the support needed to generate additional, regular and diverse income streams and protect their business in tough times, through carbon farming projects
Keep in touch with your local NRM Group for further information.
When – 10 Feb |8.30am – 4pm
Where – Hotel Settlers, 58 Dawson Hwy, Biloela QLD 4715
When – 12 Feb | 8.30am – 4pm
Where – Maraboon Tavern, Corner Hospital Road and Esmond St, Emerald QLD 4720
RSVP by emailing email@example.com