Biosecurity workshop – Lotus Creek
About this event
Join us to discuss practical on-farm biosecurity and record-keeping to meet industry requirements and monitor herd performance.
This workshop will contain lots of group discussion and interactive activities and will cover:
- Update on Foot & Mouth and Lumpy Skin
- Early detection, response and management of biosecurity risks
- Records to meet industry requirements and to monitor the performance of your herd
- Herd management and animal health
- Tools to manage biosecurity on your property
Experienced presenters and facilitators from DAF:
Doug McNaught – Doug is a Principal Biosecurity Officer with 25 years of experience in NLIS and emergency animal disease responses.
Mick Sullivan – Mick is a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins (DAF) Kylie is a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
We will supply:
- Smoko & lunch
- Workshop materials
Please bring your biosecurity plan with you. During the day’s discussions, you may want to update some elements of your plan.
When & Where:
- Wednesday 30 November – Lotus Creek Homestead
Friday 18th November. Numbers are strictly limited.